Rachel Shaw Bowers
As a seasoned professional with a diverse international background, Rachel has been working in various high-end sales and marketing positions for over 30 years. The expertise she acquired in her previous careers benefits her clients tremendously as she shifts the focus of her skills into the Telluride Real Estate market, now working as a team alongside her husband, Ray Bowers.
Her charismatic personality and vast network of clients, is the perfect compliment to Ray's 25+ years of in-depth experience in the Telluride market.
Rachel's experience combined with Ray's years of expertise creates an all-encompassing, seamless, and enjoyable real estate journey for their clients. From the initial consultation to closing the transaction, their synergy ensures a smooth and well protected experience for all parties.
Past Professional Sales & Marketing Experience
- Director of Membership - Telluride Ski & Golf Club. Over a 16-year tenure, Rachel sold and assisted over 400 new families to become members at the club, making the club one of the resort's top revenue generators. She also hosted them at events and became their “go-to-person” for inquiries and special needs at the club. They all know and respect her for her magnetic and helpful personality. (2008- present)
- Director of Sales - The Inn at Lost Creek, Mountain Village. (2006-2008)
- Associate Director of Sales - The Peaks Resort, Mountain Village. Completed the largest group sales in the resort's history with a group of 200+ attendees from Pfizer (2004-2006)
- Group Sales Director & Marketing Manager - Angel Fire Resort, NM. Established a profitable corporate group business and spearheaded marketing initiatives to boost skier visits. (1997-2004)
- Film and Sound Editor, worked on notable films such as Dead on Arrival (Touchstone Pictures), Haunted Summer (Cannon Pictures), New Jack City (Warner Brothers), and War of The Roses (Fox Studios), Storyville (20th Century Studios) & Jacob’s Ladder (Tristar Pictures). (1990-1994)
New Real Estate Career
- In 2022, Rachel launched her career in real estate, teaming up with her husband, Ray, a seasoned professional with over 25 years in the industry.
- During her first year, Rachel's connections and business acumen enabled her to secure multiple transactions, including a remarkable sale at $6.1M that exceeded the asking price by $300,000.
- Her prior role as Director of Membership at the Telluride Ski and Golf Club not only gained her deep respect in the community but also provided extensive experience in salesmanship and many great connections to further her new career in real estate.
Community Involvement in Telluride
- Past President and current board member, SPARKY - non-profit organization providing scholarships for Latina graduates of Telluride and Norwood High Schools. (2012-present)
- Volunteer, San Miguel Resource Center. (2010-2019)
- Volunteer, Telluride Film Festival. (almost every year from 2009-present)
- Founder, Ski Ranches Book Club.
- Enjoys snow and backcountry skiing, hiking, swimming, diving, and gardening. Devoted mother.
Lifestyle Enthusiast to Share with Clients
- A passionate athlete and traveler, she skis Telluride’s tough terrain regularly and has even gone skiing in Antarctica while her summer mountain peak adventures have taken her to the top of several local Fourteeners and then to the peaks in Patagonia.
- She can share a lot about movies since her love and knowledge of the film industry has always been enhanced by sisters and brothers in the industry, also along with a late father who starred in a few blockbuster movies.
- An avid swimmer and scuba diver, she shares great
Born in London, Raised in Jamaica and England: Rachel's multicultural upbringing instilled a global perspective from the start.
Boarding School Discipline: Her years at a strict English boarding school taught her the value of hard work and determination.
Scholarly Excellence: Excelling in English at a renowned university in England, Rachel discovered her true passion for being a sincere and heartfelt communicator.
World Explorer: After university, Rachel spent seven months in India, kickstarting a lifelong journey of exploration.
Diverse Adventures: Her travels spanned the globe, from Africa to New Zealand, Australia, and even Antarctica.
Global Vision: Rachel's life experiences shaped her into a well-rounded entrepreneur with a profound global understanding, making her a true citizen of the world.