Telluride Real Estate Broker | 20+ Years Experience
Contact Ray Bowers online if you have any questions, or by phone at (970) 729-2278
Ray Bowers – Credentials and Commitment
I encourage you to read this information, because it can help you achieve a good comfort level in knowing that you will be dealing with a decent and knowledgeable Telluride real estate agent who operates in a truly professional and honest manner.
Telluride Real Estate Broker Accomplishments
- “Realtor of the Year” for 1999-2000 after only 1-1/2 years in the business.
- Member of Board of Directors, Telluride Association of Realtors (TAR), 1998-2001.
- Director of Telluride Multiple Listing Service (MLS), 2000-2001.
- Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS), 2001 – requires 7 days of courses and extensive international experience.
- Graduate of Realtor Institute (GRI) – 12-session course after receiving broker’s license; fine-tunes knowledge of real estate law, contracts, financing, ethics, taxation, and agency relationships.
- Master in Real Estate (MRE) – 12 full-day seminars, advanced course work with emphasis on law and writing contracts to protect client interests.Innovative Instructor Team of Telluride
- E-Pro Designation – competency in internet marketing and e-mail marketing.
- Accomplished agent for property owners protesting valuations & classifications of properties to LOWER TAXES
- Past Board of Directors of Ski Ranches Homeowners Association, with previous service as secretary.
- Former Cornet Creek condominiums HOA President (5 years)
- Real Estate Showcase magazine, former owner and publisher
- Past President, Board of Directors of The Telluride Repertory Theatre.
- Past Associate Member, Board of the Telluride Chamber Music Festival.
- Part-time ski instructor, 2009-2013
Focus On Efficiency
I’ve laid the groundwork for a highly efficient and very service-oriented business operation. To ensure effective communication and rapid production of materials I’ve equipped my office with most of the latest technological equipment. We are in the INFORMATION business and have many resources at our fingertips, not only to get the information for you but the ability to translate it and turn it into KNOWLEDGE for you.
For effective promotion, we update our quality website often, we advertise quite frequently in the local papers, and we have a global property outreach through the LIV Sotheby’s marketing tools.
I work hard at staying in touch with our clients. For my listings, I produce high-quality brochures, insert my listings in all the previously mentioned advertising media, use the MLS system to its fullest, and stay in good contact with my sellers.
Along with valuing a full-time work ethic, I am fully invested in my career as a Telluride Real Estate Broker and most importantly, my life and family in Telluride.
Local Real Estate Company Support:
As a full-time Telluride Real Estate Broker, I am proudly affiliated with LIV Sotheby’s which brings the strength of a national brand and the insight and resources of a local Colorado company.
Lifestyle – From Caribbean Charter Operator to Ski Instructor
- Caribbean Charter Operation Owner and Captain in Belize for eighteen years; hosted and guided thousands of scuba divers on specialty offshore trips.
- Hotel Manager (also in Belize) for five years, hosted celebrities such as Margaux Hemingway and Jane Wyman at a luxury hotel which was once featured on Robin Leach’s Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.
- Captain aboard an 88-foot luxury charter yacht in the Eastern Caribbean (Virgin Islands, Antigua, St. Bart’s, Grenada).
- Promotion & Marketing – managed and promoted largest dive charter business in the country. Instrumental in “putting Belize on the map” with promotion efforts that involved the Ministry of Tourism for the first time in the 1980’s. With 18 years of marketing tourism in Belize, the switch to marketing property in Telluride was easy. Get in touch we’ll talk! 970-728-0708
- Born and raised on the East Coast of New Jersey, grew up on the water, sailing and waterskiing
- Schooled at Andover Phillips Academy, Graduate 1974
- Graduated from The University of Virginia in 1978 with B.A. in History and Drama
- Lived and worked in Belize from 1978-1996 (18 years as a Hotelier, Dive Charter Company Operation, Part time Real Estate work)
- Spent one year in Eastern Caribbean, skippering an 88-foot luxury charter yacht.
- Moved to Telluride in 1997 – Obtained Real Estate license in that year
- Happily married with teen-aged daughter and 20 something year old stepson working in the ski industry.
Endorsements from Buyers & Sellers
Testimonials from Buyer Clients
“I first found Ray on his really great website, and he eventually served me superbly as my buyer’s agent in a difficult land purchase of a mining claim.”
– Larry Wolf, FL.
“This condo has turned out to be our dream place. About three months ago, I bought another place in Telluride from Ray for investment. He again was most helpful..Ray Bowers is a hard working realtor with a good feeling for your needs and honesty toward his customer.”
– Bob Blose, Palantine, IL
“Ray’s website motivated me to first make contact with him, but I was not sure if meeting a broker on the web was the way to go. As it turned out, I was happy to make Ray my buyer’s broker a year later, and he did a terrific job of giving me a good understanding of the market.”
– David Soltanpour, NYC, NY
“We bought our first home almost two years ago thanks to the real estate guidance of Ray Bowers. His ability to clearly communicate even the most complicated aspects of the deal was remarkably professional and valuable.”
– Dave & Alyssa Ramirez, Telluride, CO
“I met Ray through his website a couple of years ago and soon thereafter bought a condo with him as my buyer’s broker. Currently I am in the process of buying a bigger condo and selling the first one and I am using Ray as the broker for both deals! I feel that he is fair and gives the whole picture so that I can make intelligent decisions.”
– Michael Hruza, Littleton, CO
“I enjoyed Ray’s website the first time I discovered it on the web. I returned time and time again for many months before I was ready to make a decision about pursuing the local opportunities. One can never know if the person behind the website is really worthy of your trust and business. I finally contacted Ray, and he proved to be an honest, hard working, and intelligent broker for us.”
– Jack Rogers, Tyler, TX
“You are gracious and real. Authenticity is a big deal for me as it has been an attribute I have lacked. I appreciate your honesty. I love LOVE Telluride. It is my favorite place. When I buy there I will buy from you. Thank you”
Testimonials from Seller Clients
“I have no hesitation in recommending Mr. Bowers without qualification.”
– Cynthia Johnston, New York, NY
“We listed the unit with Ray and immediately things began to happen. We highly recommend Ray and would certainly use his services again.”
– John and Marilyn Sloan, Ouray, CO
“Thanks so much for listing and selling my condo for me in such a short time and for more money than I had originally expected to get from it. . Your marketing materials were “right on”, complete, and professional, and you got us many more showings than I expected. I can only conclude that your materials and open houses really helped to give my condo maximum exposure so that all potential buyers knew about my offering.”
– Kathleen Barr, Telluride and Denver, CO
“Not only did he surprise me at the outset by analyzing the market and suggesting a higher price than I was anticipating, but he also achieved an even higher price than the asking price! Actually I can attribute this success to clever merchandizing ideas and powerful marketing materials. … throughout the process he was punctual, professional, and astute at the negotiations.”
– Chris Fifis, Cherry Hill, NJ
“A hearty thanks and well done to you and your associates for the thorough and professional job you all did in listing and selling our former house in Telluride.”
– Mike and Carol Rosen, Woodbridge, CT
“He proficiently and effectively promoted the listing with professional advertisements, mailings to brokers and color brochures within what seemed like minutes after getting off of the phone.. Within 4 weeks, we had an offer close to our asking price, and the condo was under contract only 33 days after it was listed. Thanks to Ray’s persistence and initiative, we got the highest price in history for a unit in our complex.”
– Jeff Steele & Bob McKinnon , L.A., Calif