Telluride Broker | 20+ Years Experience
Contact Ray Bowers via EMAIL if you have any questions, or by phone at (970) 729-2278
Ray Bowers - Credentials and Commitment
As a Telluride Broker with over two decades of experience, I encourage you to read this information, because it can help you achieve a good comfort level in knowing that you will be dealing with a decent and knowledgeable Telluride real estate agent who operates in a truly professional and honest manner.
- "Realtor of the Year" for 1999-2000 after only 1-1/2 years in the business.
- Member of Board of Directors, Telluride Association of Realtors (TAR), 1998-2001.
- Director of Telluride Multiple Listing Service (MLS), 2000-2001.
- Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS), 2001 - requires 7 days of courses and extensive international experience.
- Graduate of Realtor Institute (GRI) - 12-session course after receiving broker's license; fine-tunes knowledge of real estate law, contracts, financing, ethics, taxation, and agency relationships.
- Master in Real Estate (MRE) - 12 full-day seminars, advanced course work with emphasis on law and writing contracts to protect client interests.Innovative Instructor Team of Telluride
- E-Pro Designation - competency in internet marketing and e-mail marketing.
- Accomplished tax appeals representative for property owners protesting valuations & classifications of properties to LOWER TAXES
- Current (2020) President of Ski Ranches Homeowners Association
- Former Cornet Creek condominiums HOA President (5 years)
- Real Estate Showcase magazine, former owner and publisher
- Past President, Board of Directors of The Telluride Repertory Theatre.
- Past Associate Member, Board of the Telluride Chamber Music Festival.
- Part-time ski instructor, 2009-2013
Focus On Efficiency
- I've laid the groundwork for a highly efficient and very service-oriented business operation.
- To ensure effective communication and rapid production of materials I utilize the latest and most up-to-date marketing tools available through LIV Sotheby's.
- We are in the INFORMATION business and have many resources at our fingertips, not only to get the information for you but the ability to translate it and turn it into KNOWLEDGE for you.
- For effective promotion, we update our quality website often, we advertise quite frequently in the local papers, and we have a global property outreach through the LIV Sotheby's marketing tools.
- I work hard at staying in touch with our clients. For my listings, I produce high-quality brochures, insert my listings in all the previously mentioned advertising media, use the MLS system to its fullest, and stay in good contact with my sellers.
- Along with valuing a full-time work ethic, I am fully invested in my career as a Telluride Real Estate Broker and most importantly, my life and family in Telluride.
Local Real Estate Company Support
As a full-time Telluride Broker, I am proudly affiliated with LIV Sotheby's International Realty which brings the strength of a national brand and the insight and resources of a local Colorado company.
Lifestyle Enthusiast || Ski Instructor | Caribbean Charter Operator
- Caribbean Charter Operation Owner and Captain in Belize for eighteen years; hosted and guided thousands of scuba divers on specialty offshore trips.
- Hotel Manager (also in Belize) for five years, hosted celebrities such as Margaux Hemingway and Jane Wyman at a luxury hotel which was once featured on Robin Leach's Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.
- Captain aboard an 88-foot luxury charter yacht in the Eastern Caribbean (Virgin Islands, Antigua, St. Bart's, Grenada).
- Promotion & Marketing - managed and promoted largest dive charter business in the country. Instrumental in "putting Belize on the map" with promotion efforts that involved the Ministry of Tourism for the first time in the 1980's. With 18 years of marketing tourism in Belize, the switch to marketing property in Telluride was easy. Get in touch we'll talk! 970-728-0708
- Born and raised on the East Coast of New Jersey, grew up on the water, sailing and water skiing
- Schooled at Andover Phillips Academy, Graduate 1974
- Graduated from The University of Virginia in 1978 with B.A. in History and Drama
- Lived and worked in Belize from 1978-1996 (18 years as a Hotelier, Dive Charter Company Operation, Part time Real Estate work)
- Spent one year in Eastern Caribbean, skippering an 88-foot luxury charter yacht.
- Moved to Telluride in 1997 - Obtained Real Estate license in that year
- Happily married with grown up daughter and son.